Monday, January 16, 2017

Dallas Trip Day 1

A bit over 2 weeks and obviously I am not writing every single day this year like I thought I could do, but I am doing my best to write often, which was the most realistic choice when I planned to use my blog more like the journal entries I used to do years ago. At least I got spell check instead of trying to guess how to spell a word or needing to use a different word choice instead.

Here is a recap of what went down on the first day in Dallas:
Thanks for the free pancake

  • Took a red eyed flight from Sea-Tac to DFW (Dallas/ Fort Worth). I got the middle seat so I didn't get a good night's sleep on the plane. This trip consist of myself, Peter and Tony.
  • After getting the rental car, drove to Peter's sister's house, which was about a hour away from the airport. We met his sister, and took a nap on her couch before getting brunch.
  • Brunch was good, and we even got a sample of a cinnamon swirled pancake since we were out of towners (if that is a real thing people say). Also met her boyfriend, Kip. While there, we made plans to have dinner at their house the next night.
  • Drove to the hotel to check in and chill for a while. I took another nap while the boys went to grab snacks and drinks. 
  • Went to go eat some BBQ at Pecan Lodge. Very good brisket, and also had the itis after the meal. 
  • After chilling at the hotel, went to Top Golf, which is a target zone style driving range, to hit some golf balls. It was pretty fun. Tried to use the batting cages, but it was closed for the night
  • Went bar hopping at a few spots not too far from our hotel. Almost couldn't get in for wearing a hat (when other people were wearing them) and also because I had on some Jordans. 
  • Ended the night after getting some In-N-Out burgers 
    Top Golf Action

    Brisket and Pulled Pork with some Collard Greens

No comments:

Post a Comment