Saturday, December 31, 2016

2016... Done or not?

Woke up a bit earlier than usual, which is a good thing since I need to reset my body clock anyways before going back to work in a few days. Decided to get some Chick-Fil-A breakfast food since this was my first time having it. I had the lunch/dinner food items there a few times, and while not life changing, its pretty good. Had most of the items to try, and it was pretty good. The breakfast burrito was bigger than I expected, and was good too.

Spent most of the day watching the two college football games. The first featured the University of Washington Huskies, which I am an alum. The defense balled out, but the offense didn't perform to the best of their abilities, and lose the game 24-7 to Alabama in the Peach Bowl. Clemson won the other game for the Fiesta Bowl vs Ohio State 31-0. So it will be a rematch of the championship game from last year.

Made some pasta for dinner and drank a bottle of wine before settling to watch some anime to ring in the new year. For the most part, I don't caring about it years ago.

One of the main reason I stopped giving much of a fuck about New Year's Eve and New Year's Day is because during my college years, I would have to work during those hours, and hated it. I also don't like the fact that it gives people to act foolish during this time cause they feel like they can, like drink and drive and be an asshole (a few, but most do enjoy having a good time). It is also pretty damn cold too, so I avoid being outside. The last thing I would want to do is to be around a shit ton of people to watch a lame firework display, and also because I feel more comfortable being at home, or being inside with people I actually care for (loved ones and friends). It is also sad to hear about people dying or getting hurt over senseless violence during this moment too.

Overall, while 2016 wasn't the worst year for me, I'm over it and ready to just move on to the next year, 2017, and get on with life. I do plan to have a celebration of the New Year Day with my family, and also watch some more football with the NFL games as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment