Sunday, July 10, 2011

My Life As I See It - Drunken Nights Countdown #6

Keep it moving here... This story goes back a long while ago.

Duke Eddie and Mimi posin during one crazy night



#6: My 21st Birthday at James' Crib

This event occurred on November 13, 2004. Since my actual birthday was on a Thursday the 11th, my friends decided it would be a good time to drink, so we had it at my friend's crib [later on be known as "The Cute's House" several years after this night].

Had to work all day slaving at the Orange Julius spot at Seattle Center and didn't get home til 9 pm. When I got home, I met up with Mimi cause she lives down the block and we went to QFC to grab a few items (limes and chips I think) before meeting up kids at the crib to hang out and drink and have a good time. When I got there, I remember taking a couple of quick shots of some brandy cause Duke wanted to play some madden, but as he put it, he already smoked some weed, but he doesn't drink. So to keep it on a level playing field, I played him drunk while he was playing high off that weed. Damn, did he kicked my ass in madden, I think I quitted after halftime, cause it just wasn't worth playing at that point, plus I needed to do some more drinking. At least that was what I intended on doing anyways....

Cause I had a bunch to drink in a short period when I arrive, and didn't really get a chance to eat. I blacked out and didn't realized til later all the foolishness that ensued that evening.

An early ender for me on this night.
I'm just going to repost an old xanga entry from the next morning; Nov 14, 2004 @ 8:14am:

At this very moment, I am at james' crib at fuckin 8 in the morning doing this shit, and I have no clue why I am up right now. I was out last night at this house (james') and a bunch of people were here, some were my friends, and others were like james' cousins and his friends. Anyways, I don't remember much about the night cause I guess I got too fucked up or something and I dont know what is going on what the hell Im still here for. I knew this shit was goin to happen. You can read my other friends' xanga cause I really don't know shit. Everyone is gone except for Edddie aka Hmong, I think to give me a ride home whenever he gets up. I would like to thank everybody that was there, even if I didn't say shit personally to you, or whatever, and being 21 isn't the biggest shit in the world, but it is a big step in life and feels pretty good too. Hopefully I will have better days ahead of me, and actually remember the details and try not to get too fucked up everytime.

While I was looking back on the images from the night, it just showed that everyone there had a good time, and things got a lil crazy for all those in attendance.  Here are a few pics I found on my homies xanga's page, which are still there.

Duke showing off his art skills with that Penis drawing on my back
One last picture of everyone before leaving me and Eddie behind
Taking a birthday shot, but got a bit too emotional
I guess there was a lot of booze to go around, cause everyone had a pretty good time and loosen up. Now while I don't remember what happened after the ass-whoopin I got in Madden courtesy of Duke. However, after a couple of days to ask what happened, everything felt like a dream cause I dont remember a damn thing.

Apparently I got a bit too emotional and was a wreck. Before taking a round of shots, I started feel sad about one of my close friends, Heang, who passed away back in summer of 1999. I'm not even sure why or what triggered it, but was awkward to say the least.  It got to the point where I was crying and a couple of my friends had to take me outside to have a talk and to "let it all out". After a while took a shot "for him" but wasn't the last drink of the night .

Also had a bruise on my arm from Nick Wong, who is an amateur boxer, cause he was giving me 21 hits. While everyone else was doing like play hits for my 21 hits, he gave a few good ones on the arm, and I just took it cause I just didn't know any better. I just remember that it lingered for a few days and was a big ass bruise spot on my arm. It hurt when I touched it, but otherwise, throw on some ice to ease the swelling and it was good.

Lots of fun from the other kids with the sharpie pen, as kids were drawing on each other. Trying to make themselves look like a cat woman by drawing whiskers, and on kids there were knocked out (thanks duke).  As far as that "tramp stamp" on me back, I didn't noticed it was there til later in the day when I got out of the shower. It was then I checked out a few of my friends' xanga pages (before facebook really took off) and saw the pics and read their version of the events that occured from that Saturday night.

Sharpie Fun
Although it ended much too soon for me, I'm glad that everyone there had a good time, and also was nice to be surround by people, many of whom I known for a long time and can support a kid in their time of need. To follow by having a celebratory drink, and then feel good enough to do some "silly" shit to me and each other. When I wake up early the next morning, I got on xanga to write how I felt at that exact morning, and waited for Eddie to wake up since there was no one else in the house, and I needed a ride home. Got home around 10am and had a big hangover, and also my eyes were sore, probably from all that emotional tears that came out, but I don't even remember ever crying or anything, so that in itself is pretty bizarre to me. Thanks to James for giving us a place to hangout, since most of us weren't 21 at the time, so couldn't even go out and do the "21 run" like most kids do when they can legally drink.

Number 5 will come when I feel like doing the work to let the world know about it.

QUOTE TO GO BY:
 "Don't ever feel like you're the only grain of rice left that carries the vastness & burden of an empty bowl, but we all carry it with you, reuniting in the sink." (Melissa 'Smeli' Nguyen, on her xanga a few days after this night)

No comments:

Post a Comment