Sunday, December 26, 2010

My Life As I See It - Writing In My Journal PART 2

Continuing off where I left off the previous entry: My Life As I See It - Writing In My Journal from December 14, 2010. I meant to continue this a lot sooner, but I guess I just got caught up in the holiday season and work.

In the early days, I used to start my entries by writing the date (mm/dd/yyyy) and writing Dear Journal - .... Just like how Doug would start as he would also start the narration of the episode as he would explain the story of his day.

My timing as far as when varies. During the early days, I would just write it just before bedtime to reflect on the day. Other times, it would be days, if not weeks til I would be able to do like a extended writing period tryin to best of my abilities to remember when and what happened . Sometimes, I would confuse the days, and if I did for one day, I would then remember what happen before that, and then would have to do a lil rewind before goin forward.

I usually will wait til the end of the evening, just before I go to sleep to record the moments of that day, so it is still fresh and vivid in my head, so I be able to put in details that otherwise may be forgotten later on. If it gets really late though, I wait til I just felt like writing really on a whim. Not that I do write in my journal every day, so it could be a few days, weeks even, if I really want to write something, but more recently...

It has been almost a a good year since I last seriously wrote in my journal. Back in the spring, I attempted to write almost all the events that happened  in the previous few months by using twitter updates I would post on my twitter. [Follow me @vanle23], would for the most point, actually did help for me to recall what occur that day, but it was a pain to really go that far back to help me out.
I don't use the facebook update status often, but I do twitter a good bit, not nearly as much though since I don't have a smart (cell) phone with 3G, which is probably for the best as it does save me a good bit of money since I don't have to pay for like monthly service and all that. So yeah, one of the few that is on a prepaid phone plan, and use a phone to make phone calls, I do texts, but not all that much either.

While I do have random thoughts that run thought my mind, I really don't write that, unless it has to relate with an event or incident that I am referring to while I write my entry. I guess you can say thought that with my twitter updates, and this blog, that I am able to do what I want, say what I feel is to get off my chest, and the way I want to present it. Probably is one of the main reasons I reduced my writing, since I now able to take pictures, blog about it, and do instant updates of the moments and events that occur in my life at that point in time.

I use my journal as a passage of time, to record moments in my life. I consider it to be a part of my memoirs, so that when I take a second to reflect on how life was for me, I would be able to showcase how I was, and what I did at that moment at time during that point. Maybe somebody would care, who knows, but it would be nice for me to capture a memory that had an impact in my existence.

I guess in many ways, I was just able to relate so well to Doug, since we were in the similar age when it first started, and also he was just a character that I found to be likable, with a pretty active imagination. Although his adventures were enhanced since it was a cartoon afterall, it seem somewhat realistic as he was just an average kid with typical issues and questions with life, and also had people that would impact his life, for better and worst, but was able to make the best of the situation in more times than not. I did find it amusing that my friends would ask me questions related my life issues like I was really Doug, like "Who this Patti Mayonnaise that your like?", and "Would you want to get a dog like Porkchop?" Or find a way to associate characters and setting from the show to my personal life.

QUOTE TO GO BY -

"Dear Journal - It's Me Doug" (Doug Funnie from the Cartoon Doug)

No comments:

Post a Comment