Thursday, November 25, 2010

My Life as I See It - Thanksgiving Day Prayer

First off, Happy Thanksgiving Dsy to everyone, although its is only done in the United States during this time of year, other countries do have a similar celebration of thanks during another part of the year. Now Im not one to say grace at the dinner table or praise God before a meal, which I feel is totally cool if you do, but I'm not one of those guys. Nothing real serious, but during a pre thanksgivings function with a group of close friends, a few people had a few words to say, and they were thankful for meeting each other and what not. Now I didn't say anything because I feel that it is a serious matter, and shouldn't be taken lightly, or get to the point.

Now this is probably what I would say at the table to my friends before we start eating:

Hey Heang, hope all is well. I'm doing good tonight, and I hope your family is doing great, as they miss you as much as we all do. I know you watching over us, and just to let you know, everything I do, I do for two, for both me and you, so I could share the stories with you when we get to next meet. I love you and miss you friend. (THIS IS A MONOLOGUE JUST TO SAY WHAT UP TO MY LOST FRIEND)...

Dear God, or whoever you believe, we thank you for bringing us together to enjoy this fine meal that is brought to us with love and appreciation of each other. We are blessed to know that each and everyone gathered here is part of each of our lives, and the food here is nourishment to provide the energy to keep us going, so we can enjoy the memories that had already been made with one another, and for the future that lies ahead, as we will all be together ready to travel that road called life. With the good, bad, happy and sad, we are glad for this evening, we all share this experience together.

Preach! [Now this is something that been in my head for the past couple of weeks leading up to this day, although not the exact script, but something close to this]

Quote to go by:

"Champagne Wishes and Caviar Dreams" (Robin Leach from Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous)

No comments:

Post a Comment